Monday, May 23, 2011

JACOBO + LEONEL

Today was a very interesting day and quite different from any other regular day of mine. I was invited to join the judge panel of a singing contest organized by McDonald's called "Voice of McDonald's". I was a little bit nervous because I know very little about music and I didn't want to make a fool of myself but then again I was invited to give my professional opinion on image and stage performance and so decided to leave fear at the door. 

When I got there I was delighted to find out that a couple of friends of mine Jacobo and Leonel, who are members of a very famous Guatemalan band called Malacates, where also judges. Jacobo plays the trumpet (he's also a composer, teaches music, plays the piano, the guitar, he sings... he does everything) and Leonel plays the drums (I think he also plays the piano too because today he was telling me a story of how he's mother made him learn how to play the piano before he learned the drums). So needless to say I was in good company and obviously had fun. 

During the day there where moments where we had to wait for other contestants to arrive, so while we had some free time I thought it would be a good idea to play a little game called CREATING OUTFITS (of course!!! what else, my favorite thing, specially men's outfits). This time I decided to give Jacobo and Leonel a virtual makeover!!! For that I visited my favorite online boutique for men Mr Porter http://www.mrporter.com/ and came up with an outfit for each one of them, always taking under consideration their own unique personality and fashion style. They're both really cool creative dudes so it was an easy and fun job to do. This is what we came up with during recess time. Hope you like it.

To learn more about Malacates visit their website http://www.malacates.com/


JACOBO'S OUTFIT



LEONEL'S OUTFIT





MALACATES

Leonel would be the cool dude with the red pants and hat and Jacobo is the other cool dude holding the trumpet. What do you think? Did I do a good job?


Have a lovely evening everyone, until next!!!

Don't miss out on my next post. I got inspired with the nymag.com khaki article and decided to create some virtual outfits of my own, so stay tuned!!!








Pin It

No comments: