Last week I read on Refinery29 an article about 29 trends every woman should try once in her life (I think I already told you this). Out of 29 I've tried merely 17 trends. One trend I thought I still hadn't try was mixed prints. Quite frankly I don't remember ever doing it (perhaps in my early adulthood years, who knows), so yesterday I thought why not go for it. Truth is I don't have many printed separates in my closet because I seldom ever buy prints but I did find something that I thought could work, to spice it up I added a little bit of neon which we all know is quite the craze right now.
Here are a few tips on wearing mixed prints:
1. Stripes and Florals. Mix florals with stripes.
2. Bi-Color Patterns. Choose patterns that have only two colors and make sure that both patterns relate with each other in at least one of their colors.
3. Large Scale with Small Scale. Pair small muted patterns with large scale patterns.
4. Mix Neutral Patterns with Neutral Patterns.
5. Color Matching Mixed Prints. If you're daring you can match any kind of print as long as they share most of their colors.
When it comes to mixing prints the most important thing is not to take things to seriously, just go for it! Worst case scenario you'll en up looking like a fashion disaster lol! But that too shall pass. Meanwhile I hope you like my look and maybe it will even inspire you to try something at home. Good luck!
Stay tuned for my next post on OUTFIT DETAILS.
Tweet Pin It