Thursday, April 14, 2011

LA MARINIERE PART I

Yesterday my former teacher Michelle T. Sterling founder and training director of the very prestigious Sterling Style Academy www.sterlingstyleacademy.com where I was trained to be an image consultant and personal shopper, gave me an excellent idea. She told me I should share a post about the famous and always appraised "Mariniére", that lovely white and navy blue stripped shirt Miss Coco Chanel made famous in the 1920's (it was actually in 1917 that she first introduced it in her shop in Dauville) after she saw some sailors wearing it while on a trip to Deauville, France. This was Coco Chanel's first experience with the ocean. 

Last year when I still didn't have a blog and only worked with Facebook I did a piece or may I say various pieces (I was obsessed and still am) about this wonderful and versatile summer shirt. Michelle told me she loved it and that I should share it again. I thought to myself: What a great idea!!! But... why not make something new this time? I know it's a little bit more work but it's worth it, a new year requires new ideas.

Anyhow, this is how it's gonna go. Right now I'm sharing with you some outfit ideas on how to wear "La Marienére" a la classic, romantic and relaxed.  Later on or tomorrow, I don't know exactly, depends on how much time I have to do this because I have a personal shopping appointment this afternoon, I'll be posting outfit ideas on how to wear it a la elegant, dramatic and sportive. Then when I'm finished with this I'll be sharing my own MARINIERE LOOK BOOK, I have like three different ones in my closet so I think it should be fun to make some outfits with them and take some pictures to share with you. 

Too much information? Alright don't fuss about it, right now enjoy this lovely ideas I have for you. If you like anything you see you can find every single piece at www.net-a-porter.com Easy right? hahaha

Have some fun coming up with your own ideas and if you'd like to share some images with us you can send them to info@mcacquaroni.com and I'll gladly share them with everyone. Don't be afraid, be bold!!!




1. STELLA MCCARTNEY Wool blazer
2. DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN Black striped jersey top
3. GUCCI Stretch-cotton caramel pants
4. ANITA KO Spike 14-karat gold stud earrings
5. GUCCI 18-karat gold horsebit bracelet
6. GUCCI 18-karat gold bamboo ring
7. BALLY Rachele leather tote
8. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Declic 120 leather pumps
9. GUCCI Round-frame acetate sunglasses
10. GUCCI Printed cotton scarf
11.  SMYTHSON Be mine leather notebook

Lots of Gucci going on here!!!








1. DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN Black striped jersey top
2. ANA SUI Ruffled lace midi skirt
3. 3.1 PHILLIL LIM Minnie Envelope Purse bag
4. CHLOÉ Wooden wedge leather sandals
 5. RED VALENTINO leather belt
6. ANITA KO 18-karat rose-gold diamond ring
7. SOLANGE AZAGURY-PARTRIDGE 18-karat gold Love necklace
8. SCOSHA Love Circle 10-karat gold diamons braided bracelet
9. CUTLER AND GROSS D-frame acetate sunglasses
10.EUGENIA KIM Max straw fedora





1.  DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN Black striped jersey top
2. ACNE Skin high-rise skinny jeans
3. MILLY Sailboat canvas tote
4. CONVERSE Jack Purcell Helen sneakers
5. RAY-BAN Wayfarer acetate sunglasses

6.  ISABEL MARANT Set of four bracelets
7. ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Skull-print modal and cashmere-blend scarf

8.  EUGENIA KIM Max raffia fedora


COMING UP NEXT!!!

Elegant
Dramatic
Sportive
















Pin It

No comments: