Friday, May 6, 2011

RED, BLUE AND WHITE

Today is Style Sessions Friday, I get to go to the network and talk a little bit about style and fashion to the female Guatemalan audience. TV is absolutely fun, it might be one of my favorite things to do, however choosing what to wear becomes a challenge because at this moment I still don't have Mariah Carey's closet (I once saw a special on TV about her closet and let me tell you, for those of you who haven't seen it, it's like the ladies clothing and shoe department at Saks Fifth Avenue!!!) I have to get extremely creative with what I have in order not to repeat anything or at least not make it that obvious. 

So, since I've been in a Frenchy kind of mood, today when I opened the doors to my closet I found this red, blue and white chevron stripped dress that I bought at Anthropologie about three or four years ago and thought to myself: why not wear it today? it's summer, it's warm, it's perfect. 

Let me tell you a little short story about this dress. Last year I took this dress to to the consignment store to see If I could sell it for at least something. For a while there I got kind of sick of it and just really wanted it out of my closet, that's just how I am.  A couple (maybe more than a couple) of months passed by until one day the lady from the consignment store called me and asked me to go pick up some clothes that had been in the store for a while and no one wanted, amongst those things was this dress hahaha NO ONE WANTED TO BUY IT!!! So I ended up putting it back into my closet, I guess we're just meant to be together, at least for a little longer








Me at the network this morning with Catherine and María José, hosts of Matutino Express, the sow where I have my Style Sessions segment on Friday's.

Don't forget to visit my STYLE SESSIONS page and take a look at my outfits from previous Friday's.

I'm gonna make it easier for you and just click here






Pin It

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hello!! I was reading and catching up with your blog and saw this article about the chevron striped dress (which BTW i love it!)...I was wondering about the consignment store you mention here, actually I have always looked for one but had no luck... so I would like to know where is it!? can you buy also sencond hand clothes and items here? or maybe trade them? Thank u! :)

Unknown said...

Hello Pamela!!!

I have some bad news, the consignment store where I took my dresses just closed a couple of months ago. I'm going to research if there's anyone out there that is selling second hand and I'll definitely let you know.

Take care and see you around Style by Red!!!