Monday, July 18, 2011

A WHITE CASE

I don't know if it's purely coincidental or if it's perhaps a global fashion marketing strategy but it seems that white is THE thing right now for menswear. How do I know this? Am I just making this up? Sometimes I do make things up but this time I have evidence to back me up. 

Yesterday I went to the pharmacy and decided to buy Esquire magazine THE BIG BLACK BOOK EDITION which I love because it's filled with images of extremely handsome men. Their first article is dedicated all to how to wear white this summer SEVEN WAYS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR WHITES. Also this morning while I was visiting my favorite luxury online men's boutique MR PORTER, I found on this month's journal an article that was called ALL WHITE? I loved how they added a little humor to the article, following the title it says GETTING WHITE DONE ISN'T THAT SIMPLE (AS SOME GUESTS PROVED AT THE MONACO ROYAL WEDDING) hahaha and it's surrounded by images of some of the male guests wearing hideous white military uniforms. The world can sometimes be a bit ridiculous. 

My point is that white is in gentlemen. You don't have to wear white from head to toe, if you haven't done it before you might end up looking like a dentist, but you could start adding some touches of white to your summer wardrobe, specially if you live or are traveling to a tropical place (bastards). 

Here's some tips on how to pull it off successfully:

TIP #1 WEAR A WHITE JACKET



TIP #2 WEAR WHITE JEANS




TIP #3 WEAR WHITE SHOES (SNEAKERS, OXFORDS, WHATEVER)




TIP #4 WEAR A WHITE POLO SHIRT




TIP #7 WEAR A WHITE T-SHIRT




TIP #8 WEAR A WHITE BUTTON DOWN SHIRT




TIP #9 WEAR WHITE SUSPENDERS




Ok, I have to admit that some of this outfits are not really that summery but I couldn't help myself and got a little bit carried away. Anyhow, the guidelines are the same ones.




Pin It

No comments: