Monday, April 18, 2011

RED JEGGINS

Have you noticed that red jeans are the it thing to have this season, in fact colored pants and jeans are all over the place but red ones are a must.

Do you have a pair and still don't know how to wear them? This is what happened to me...

I spent the whole month of January in Miami training/vacationing and just having the most pleasurable time. One afternoon after my training session with Michelle T. Sterling (founder and training director of the Sterling Style Academy) at the Mondrian Hotel I decided to walk all the way down to Collins Avenue (BTW that was one hell of a walk) because I had my heart set on a pair of Rag & Bone red jeggins I had seen the day before at INTERMIX. Of course I couldn't stop thinking about them all day long and rushed myself to the store as soon as class was over. To my luck they still where holding them for me. I went into the fitting room and at first sight I was a bit hesitant about them because...well... I thought I kind of looked like a christmas ornament, a really big round one. I'm telling you I had never before in my life worn such tight jeans and never mind red ones. After I stared at my wonderful self under some hideous fluorescent lighting for quite a while, I thought to myself: what the hell I should just embrace my Latinaness, which actually translates into curves, curves and a little bit of more curves. This is pretty interesting because I'm not really THAT Latina, I am because I was born in Guatemala but my father was Italian and my mother is Spanish (ok, forget it, say no more, maybe THAT explains it). 

Anyhow, I bough the red jeggins I had seen a very skinny sales lady wearing (with a very scandinavian body type) and decided to give them a chance. Thank God I bought them because I LOVE THEM!!! I wear them all the time, they are the best skinny jeans in the world!!! (did I mention I also bought them in off white? Yes I did, How couldn't I?) They are even more versatile than you think, they mix great with denim shirts and white shirts and with the infamous MARINIERE. I'm thinking about doing a Rag&Bone red jeggins look book to help you with some ideas on how to wear your fabulous red jeans, so stay tuned for that. 

Meanwhile this is how I decided to wear mines today, hope you like it.

JEGGINS: Rag & Bone
SHOES: Don't remember, bought them at Nordtsrom in Miami at Villages of Merrick Park. 
WHITE SHIRT: Massimo Dutti
NECKLACE: MNG
RED LIPSTICK: Chanel Rouge of course!!!
















Have a lovely evening!!!








Pin It

2 comments:

Sebastian Graap Nelson said...

You look so amazing with those pantalons...you rock..!

Anonymous said...

What's up, yeah this article is genuinely good and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging. thanks.
Also see my site - The Tao of Badass Scam