Friday, September 16, 2011

THINK PINK!!!

Just recently I read on nymag.com that "The Little Pink Dress" is spring-summer 2012 new "Little Black Dress". This year's spring-summer was all about the LWD (little white dress), next year it's going to be the LPD. I have to admit I'm not very enthusiastic about it. Is this the fashion industries way of selling us pink dresses or do they want to make us all look like the cast of The Stepford Wives. They say perhaps this is fashion's own way of saying we all need to be a bit more optimistic about life.  To tell you the truth, I'm not really convinced. In a way it reminds me of the movie Funny Face when Maggie Prescott (played by Kay Thompson) a famous fashion magazine editor (character inspired by the one and only Diana Vreeland) decides that from then on every woman should THINK PINK! 

Check out the link to the video from the movie. Perhaps this is where the industry got their inspiration from. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcCN6XA61Es




Here are some  images from the movie FUNNY FACE.







I don't know guys!!! I'll try to be a little bit more open minded about this whole pink thing. However I don't think I'll ever buy myself a pink dress. Not that I have anything against pink, this blog in fact is pink and of course there's some lovely ladies out there who look just darling in it, but it just isn't me. You come up with your own conclusions. 














Pin It

No comments: