Yesterday a Style by Red reader asked me to please write a post about "What to Wear on a First Date" a very delicate topic that some women don't usually pay the necessary attention to. Like they say, you only have one chance to cause a good first impression so take advantage of it. A first date is not a get together with your girlfriends. Usually us girls dress to impress our girlfriends, and/or to let them show how stylish we are and even sometimes make them a little bit jealous lol!!! Don't act like you haven't done it!!! But it's not like that with guys, so don't go trying to impress him with your trendiest designer outfit, quite frankly he doesn't care unless he's gay and if that's the case then you're in a lot of trouble.
With this in min I went to do a little investigating of my own on the internet. I mean there's some obvious tips we all know like: don't dress too trendy, or don't dress to provocative if you want to be taken serious but I thought maybe I could find a little something more we don't already know. Then I thought to myself: sometimes what's obvious for you is not obvious for others.
To help you dress to impress on your first date I elaborated a list of useful tips I found on the internet that I think will help you achieve such an important task. I also created a couple of outfit ideas for you that I hope you like and find inspiring.
- Obviously the first thing you need to know is where the hell is he taking you or what kind of date it is. It's not the same to dress for a coffee date which is a more casual date than to dress for a dinner date. So make sure what kind of date you're getting into.
- Don't overdress. Dress for the occasion.
- Don't wear anything too trendy.
- Don't wear something that you don't feel comfortable in, in other words don't dress like something other than yourself.
- Go easy on the hair and makeup.
- Don't wear anything too weird it's man repelling.
- Do wear something that has a story. An item with a history can be a good icebreaker.
- Go easy on the jewelry. Too much jewelry will make you look cheap.
- Avoid brightly colores nail polishes and lip sticks.
- Go easy with the perfume.
- Don't wait until last minute to shop for an outfit.
- Dresses are always a feminine option but it all depends on the type of date.
- Be sexy, flirty and fun without being too provocative. Leave something for the imagination.
- Honestly God knows where your first date will take soooo...Do bear in mind that you might be wearing your outfit home, possibly the next morning. Avoid anything that may looks unduly conspicuous on the number 43 bust at 8am. You might also want to practice saying: "I just decided to dress up a bit lol!"
Tweet Pin It