Tuesday, January 8, 2013

MADEMOISELLE GUATEMALA

One of the most beautiful things we have in Guatemala (aside from our wonderful weather, amazing landscapes, friendly people...) are our one of a kind textiles, each one more beautiful than the other one, and each one with it's own powerful meaning. There's years and years of history behind them. Even though lately they have become the stylish thing to wear (clothes, shoes, handbags, accessories...) I've always loved them. I like to mix traditional pieces with other contemporary ones. Here's a dress I bought a couple of years ago at Museo Ixchel, I mixed it up with my Kenzo belt and a yellow scarf as turban (I love wearing things on my head). I hope you feel inspired to do a mixing of your own. 


Una de las cosas más bellas que tenemos en Guatemala (además de su clima maravilloso, hermosos paisajes, gente amigable...) son nuestros textiles únicos, cada uno más lindo que el otro y cada uno con su propio significado poderoso. Hay años de años de historia detrás de ellos. Aunque recientemente se han convertido en algo estiloso de llevar puesto (ropa, zapatos, bolsos, accesorios...) siempre me han gustado y me encanta mezclar piezas tradicionales con otras contemporáneas. Aquí tengo un vestido que compré hace un par de años en el Museo Ixchel, lo mezclé con mi cinturón Kenzo y con una chalina amarilla como turbante (amo usar cosas en la cabeza). Espero ustedes también se sientan inspirados a hacer sus propias mezclas. 


PHOTOGRAPHY (FOTOGRAFÍA): Shanila Menendez shanilaphoto@gmail.com
HAIR AND MAKEUP (CABELLO Y MAQUILLAJE): Fernanda Gomar mus_hus12@yahoo.com
STYLING: María Cristina Acquaroni acquaronicristina@gmail.com


DRESS (VESTIDO): Museo Ixchel
BELT (CINTURÓN): Kenzo
WATCHES (RELOJES): Vintage
BAG (BOLSO): Vintage






Pin It

2 comments:

Latest Fashion And Design said...

So nice and amazing post.
Great job.

Unknown said...

Thank you! So happy you liked it!