Monday, July 15, 2013

BEAUTY IS IN THE DETAILS: HOW TO WEAR A BUSTIER AND A TULLE SKIRT

For quite a while now I've been infatuated with bustiers. I think that if worn correctly they can make you look beautiful and feminine and since now I've been experimenting with my girlie side I'm even more infatuated with them. 

Back in Guatemala I could never wear a bustier, mostly because its nearly impossible to find a bustier there, and then there's a whole lot of other cultural reasons that I just won't get into right now (boring). Anyhow, the fun good news is that now I live in Miami (yei! The sunshine city) where I can wear a bustier whenever I want to wherever I want. Which is exactly why the other day while I was hanging out with my friend Michelle at our happy place (Anthropologie of course) I couldn't resist myself and bought a gingham bustier and the most wonderful high waisted tulle skirt. 

Now, remember girls, the most important thing you need to keep in mind when wearing a bustier is to pair it with something high waisted. I mean if you have a flawless, flat, fatless, fit abdomen then forget this but if you're like me and the the rest of the women in the world, then try to keep this in mind. Otherwise don't go saying I didn't say so. Also if you're a petite girl you might want to try wearing a skirt that is not as full as this one. Very full skirts can make you look a little childish when you're petite, unless of course this is the look that you're aiming for. However, if you think you can pull it off and it makes you feel beautiful and happy, then by all means go for it, be fearless, I admire a woman with an adventurous spirit. 

I know that some of you have been asking for complete outfit looks (meaning me wearing them), which is why today I'm finally modeling for you (woohoo!). I try to keep you guys happy, you know that. However, you're still gonna have to stick around for the second post of the day because right now it's all about the little details. 

Enjoy guys! Stay beautiful! 


Skirt: Anthropologie
Bustier: Anthropologie
Shoes: J.Crew
Necklace: Anthropologie
Sunglasses: Vintage










I can't wear to wear this for Sunday brunch! 




Pin It

No comments: