Wednesday, July 3, 2013

DIY: SIMPLE ELEGANT WALL DECOR

It is true when they say that creativity works at its best during hard times. Sometimes when we feel comfortable about our current situation we don't seem to push our creativity to the limit. Today I have a brief decor story to tell you. I hope it inspires you to get creative yourself.

A few years ago (like perhaps 6 years ago) I bought myself "A" 8 piece set of Villeroy & Boch china hoping to one day complete the whole set. Time passed by and I never bought the complete set. When my mother and I moved to this apartment just right after my father passed away I was cleaning my closet and I found my beautiful set of Villeroy & Boch china set still wrapped up like a birthday gift. Obviously the amount of storage room you have inside an apartment is considerably more limited than the one you have in a big house. I didn't want to storage it away and completely forget that it even existed, which is exactly what happens with things that you hide away inside boxes. I din't want it to go to waste, I wanted to do something useful and creative with it. At that time I didn't have a lot of money to spend on new room decor so I thought why not hang it on my wall and make my room look elegant and beautiful. So that's exactly what I did. 

Do you have anything interesting boxed away in some God forsaken storage room that you could use to create simple elegant wall decor? You might just want to go check inside those boxes. 









There's a lot of history in there let me tell ya! 









Pin It

2 comments:

Jennyfer Moraga said...

My mom loved this, me too, but not as much as her lol.

Unknown said...

Hello Jennyfer! I'm so happy you and your mother loved this idea. It really is the easiest, and if you have a more eclectic style you can actually mix and match different styles to create something more colorful and less formal.

Take care!