Tuesday, July 23, 2013

OUTFIT DETAILS: 1940'S RETRO INSPIRED ROMPER

You guys want to know why I decided to start these outfit details posts? Here it goes...

Most of the time people pay way to much attention to celebrities and famous bloggers lives, what they wear (meaning brands), where they are going, what they are doing, and how they are mix and matching their clothing to copy or imitate or to simply find inspiration to create their own outfits or fantasize about having a different kind of life. This is perfectly fine, I do it myself too, but how often do we really take the time to appreciate what makes a piece of clothing or accessory or shoe so special? When do we pay homage to the little details? If there is something my mother taught me when I was a little girl it is to appreciate even the smallest of details because they are what set apart something average from something spectacular. Sometimes I go inside high end designer boutiques to literally dissect each and every piece of clothing just to marvel myself. I love to feel the fabrics and appreciate each and every sartorial detail because that is in fact the integrity of piece. That is exactly why I fell in love with fashion, not because I wanted to be surrounded by luxury and labels, but because I fell in love with the integrity of clothing, the little details. 

Ever since I moved to Miami and started school again I've been feeling a new wave of inspiration and creativity flowing inside of me. Don't get me wrong, I love my native Guatemala, it is the most beautiful country but I guess I just needed a little change. When I came here I noticed all my clothes where mostly jeans and in neutral colors (don't ask me why, I was going thru a phase). I looked boring and I was boiling (of course). So I decided to go shopping for colors, and prints, and everything short. Now I get excited when I dress in the morning, a feeling I had lost. Now I feel feminine, and girlie, and sexy, and all things good. One of the pieces I bought on my shopping expedition is this floral print romper from Leifnotes that I bought at Anthropologie (my happy place). Reason I love it so much is because it's design and cut has a 1940's retro feel to it, and we all know I love retro. Take a look at the little details around the sleeves and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Wait till you see it on me. This time I thought it would be interesting to wear it with my Scotch & Soda (my other happy place) fedora but I would love to find the perfect turban to wear with it (and retro looking Prada sunglasses). If anyone knows where I can find one let me know. Meanwhile enjoy the little details and stay tuned for the complete look coming later on.
















Pin It

No comments: