Tuesday, August 27, 2013

IN THE KITCHEN: NECTARINE SALAD WITH BURRATA

Good morning my dear friends! I hope you're all doing wonderfully today. Like I promised yesterday (you see, I do keep my promises) today I have something really cool for you (more like DELICIOUS). 

Since lately I've become a food enthusiast, I've acquired the habit of buying bon appétit magazine to inform myself on the wonderful art of cooking. I love bon appétit magazine. It's filled with amazing food photography, easy to make recipes, and beautiful typography (I have a thing for typography). In this month's "coolest summer issue ever" of bon appétit I found what seemed to be a delicious and incredibly easy to make nectarine salad with burrata. I thought to myself: Hey, this is something I can actually do. For those of you who don't know (don't feel bad, burrata is not available in a lot of countries, like in my hometown Guatemala), burrata is a softer version of mozzarella with a near-liquid cream center. It's expensive and hard to find but it is most undoubtedly Gods gift to mankind. 

I'm going to share with you the recipe exactly how it appears inside the magazine. By the way, it not only looks good, its tastes super yummy! Don't skip on any ingredients, specially the mint leaves, which in my own opinion, it's the salads secret weapon ingredient. 

Have fun cooking friends! If you don't have burrata available where you live, try to find the freshest mozzarella possible, it's not the same but it's something. Until next!



Total 25 minutes
4 servings
Ripe peaches can be used in place of nectarines; choose whatever looks (and smells) best.


2 nectarines, thinly sliced
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/a cup white wine vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
4 cups of mixed bitter greens (such as arugula and mizuna)
1 cup fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp. olive oil plus more for drizzling
8 oz. burrata or fresh mozzarella cut or torn into 1"pieces


1. Toss nectarines, onion, vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Let sit 10 minutes.
2. Pour off pickling liquid from nectarines and onions, reserving liquid. Add greens, min, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and 2-3 Tbsp. reserved liquid; toss to combine.
3. Place burrata on plates, top with salad, and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve!

CALORIES 280
FAT 20 g
FIBER 2 g


Enjoy!!! 










Pin It

No comments: