Thursday, August 8, 2013

STYLE BY RED NEWS: HELLO BYRDIE

Hello my dear friends!

First of all, let me excuse myself for pulling an MIA (missing in action that is) on you guys, but the truth is I was under house arrest working on my midterm projects. Oh my God people, you have no idea how much work I put on those projects. I literally stayed home for 5 days working non stop from morning till like 2am-4am in the morning. I'm not even kidding one bit. Really exhausting but totally worth it. My visual merchandising II teacher congratulated me on my project and that made me a very happy woman. You know, when I started school last quarter I worked hard and studied hard because I wanted to give my very best. Another reason is because I need to find a job when I graduate so I don't get sent back to my hood (Guatemala). Having straight A's might be a little helpful. However, this quarter when I found out I was on the Dean's Honor List now I kind of feel that I need to keep my status lol! Now I feel pressured! This is actually really stupid because I'm the only single person who actually gives a (biiiiiiiiiiiiiiip) about it. But anyways....

Enough about me and my school life. I have some good news for the ladies. This morning while I was reading the July 29 Women's Wear Daily issue, I found out about Byrdie. Byrdie is the new Clique Media online creation dedicated to beauty and celebrities (more about Rihanna's infamous shaved-side hairstyle). It is a beautifully layered Web site, that is easy and fun to read, with eye catching images, clean typography, and up to date news about all things beauty and celebrities. For those of you who don't know, Clique Media is the mastermind behind WhoWhatWear and Domaine, which combined share a 23 million page views per month. Pretty amazing numbers right? Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power co-founders and chief executive officers of Clique said that there was a need for an online beauty venue that wasn't a traditional magazine's Web site, blog or a video tutorial. This is what the ladies have to say about Byrdie

"We didn't see anything that came from a strong editorial point of view that really reported out, but still encompassed the fun trends that aren't as editorially driven, like street style. There are not a lot of great sites that cover celebrity beauty out there, and not a lot that cover celebrity beauty, which is our secret sauce, that seems like a big open space."

So, if you are a beauty freak like most of us women are, you're gonna love Byrdie. You'll even find a video tutorial showing you how to get a Brigitte Bardot mane.

Have fun discovering Byrdie! See you around ladies (and gentlemen)! 



SKIN



CELEBRITY BEAUTY


MAKEUP


HAIR 


NAILS


News resource








Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me encanta leerte Maria Cristina, me considero uno de tus fans, imagino actualmente ya cuentas con muchos seguidores y eso me alegra mucho como Guatemalteco, quisiera sugerirte tambien colocar una traduccion a español, para que mas y mas personas puedan seguirte, un fuertisimo abrazo para ti.

Unknown said...

Hola! Muchas gracias por seguirme y también muchas gracias por tus comentarios y sugerencias. Tienes toda la razón. He tratado en el pasado de traducir al español pero aveces no me da tiempo. Definitivamente esta entre mis planes futuros a corto plazo poder lograrlo.

Que estes muy bien y espero verte por aquí!